This website at localrewards.com.au (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Local Rewards Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 94 636 147 085) (“Local Rewards Australia”, “”we”, “us”, “our”). This document contains the terms and conditions governing your use of the Website and any order or purchase of a product (which may include physical, plastic or digital gift cards – collectively “Gift Cards” or pre-paid reloadable cards or card-linked loyalty and offers program (CLO)) offered for sale via the Website (“Terms and Conditions”).
By using the Website, you accept these Terms and Conditions by accessing or using any part of the Website after you have first accessed a page providing a link to them.
You are welcome to print a copy for your records.
If you decline to accept these Terms and Conditions, you will need to exit this Website immediately.
You acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions (as varied from time to time) each time you or any other person accesses on your behalf, any part of this Website, regardless of the means by which the Website is accessed, and whether such access is authorised or not.
Application of these Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are in addition to any terms that apply to the use of any Gift Card purchased from or issued by Local Rewards Australia or to any related services.
Use of this Website
You are responsible for the use of this Website by anyone who uses it in connection with your Gift Card. You fully indemnify us in respect of all use of this Website by you, with your consent or in connection with your Gift Card, except to the extent that we have expressly authorised that use.
Promotions and Competitions
For certain campaigns, promotions or contests, additional terms and conditions may apply. If you want to participate in such a campaign, promotion or contest, you need to agree to the relevant terms and conditions applicable to that campaign, promotion or contest. In case of any inconsistency between such terms and conditions and these Terms and Conditions, those terms and conditions will prevail.
Local Rewards | Jimmy Wong | Give Away
Terms and Conditions – 2020
8th October 2020
1. By participating in the promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Entry into the promotion is open to Australian Sydney residents only. They must have an active account on instagram and/or Facebook. The winner must provide a valid mailing address to receive the prize or be able to collect it from the Local Rewards office in Surry Hills.
3. The Promotion will commence on 8/10/2020 and entries close 14/10/2020. During the Competition Period, entrants must:
4. i. like and follow the accounts of @jimmywongeats @local_rewards on Instagram and Facebook
ii. Tag one local inner-east business.
5. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on the conditions of entry as outlined in point 4.
The prize is 1 x $50 Local Rewards card per winner selected
The prize will be mailed to the winner post the announcement on the 14th of October.
6. Unclaimed prized will be redrawn at Local Rewards discretion.
7. The prize winner will be notified via a Instagram and Facebook message and post.
8. The name of the winner will also be posted to Instagram and Facebook.
9. The prize winner must be 18 years old or older.
10. Local Rewards & representatives of the promoter reserve the right to validate the authenticity of entries and entrant details.
11. The successful prize winner accepts the prizes ‘as-is’.
12. All decisions of Local Rewards & Jimmy Wong in connection with the promotion are final and no correspondence is to be entered into.
13. If a winning comment entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and the Promoter will distribute the relevant prize to the next valid entry. 18. The Promoter will require the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
14. Promoter takes no responsibility for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by an entrant.
15. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
17. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
18. Local Rewards & Jimmy Wong may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You should periodically revisit this page on www.localrewards.com.au to review the then current Terms and Conditions. By continuing to use this website after any such amendment and participate in the competition you are deemed to have agreed to the amended terms and Conditions.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
20. In participating in this Giveaway Promotion, each entrant also agrees with Instagram and Facebook’s Terms and Conditions.
By entering into this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that they are providing information to Local Rewards and Jimmy Wong. Each entrant also acknowledges that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
The Website and its contents are subject to copyright (“Content”). The copyright is owned or controlled by Local Rewards Australia or, in the case of some material, third parties. You may view this Content using your web browser and make a reasonable number of copies solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, republication, display or communication, of any Content is strictly prohibited.
This Website contains registered trademarks and other trademarks that are protected by law. Except as expressly authorised by us in writing, the use of any of these trademarks is strictly prohibited.
You will not hack into, change or otherwise interfere with the operation of this Website or any information contained within it.
Third Party Sites
This Website may contain links to third party sites. Local Rewards Australia and its related companies are not responsible for the condition, security levels, content or any other aspect of any third-party sites. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or by implication, an endorsement by Local Rewards Australia of such third-party sites or the products or services provided, advertised or otherwise mentioned on those sites.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no warranties or representations about this Website or the content on this Website, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this Website will be secure. We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this Website, any Content, or any feature of this Website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
Except to the extent required by applicable law neither Local Rewards Australia nor its related companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, other contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise, arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this Website or any site linked to it. This limitation applies to all direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses you or others may suffer, including for loss of profits, business interruption or loss or corruption of data or information. Our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty which is implied by law and cannot be excluded is limited, to the maximum extent possible, to one of the following at Local Rewards Australia’s option: the supply of the goods or services again; or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again or repaired.
This Website is provided for use by Australian residents only. Your use of this Website is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
This Website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Without limiting the above disclaimer, Local Rewards Australia makes no representations that the content of this Website complies with the laws, including intellectual property laws, of any country outside Australia. If you access this Website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in each place where you access the site or where anything you publish, or upload can be accessed.
Variations to these Terms and Conditions
These are our current Terms and Conditions. We may at any time vary these Terms and Conditions by publishing the varied terms and conditions on this Website. Where a change may place an unfair burden on existing users of the site or services, we will provide a form and period of notice that we reasonably consider appropriate to that change.
In these Terms, “us”, “we” and “our” means Local Rewards Australia Pty Ltd and our related bodies corporate.
By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card, you:
- “Card Number” means the number that appears on the back of your Gift Card.
- “Gift Card” means the Local Rewards card or digital voucher that you have purchased or received or any other gift card or digital voucher we may issue.
- “PIN” means the 4-digit Access PIN printed on the back of the Gift Card or provided by email for Gift Cards which are digital vouchers;
- “Remaining Card Value” means, at any time, that portion of the initial value loaded onto your Gift Card which is unspent and can be accessed by using the Gift Card in accordance with these Terms;
- A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the person who is in possession of the Gift Card at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
Transactions made with Gift Cards
Gift Card products can only be purchased from us by using
Purchases and GST credit card or PayPal and include GST where applicable.
How and where you can use our Gift Cards
If you make a booking to redeem your Gift Card with any retailer and provide Gift Card information but fail to attend the booking, the retailer may choose to redeem the value of the booking from the Gift Card according to their own trading terms. We shall not be responsible for any such redemption and you must deal directly with the applicable retailer.
We are not liable for the goods or services you purchase with our Gift Cards. Any purchase made with a participating retailer constitutes a transaction between you as the holder of the Gift Card and the relevant retailer. You acknowledge and agree that we are not a party to that transaction and is not in any way responsible or liable in relation to that transaction. Any dispute about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved with the retailer. If you think there has been an incorrectly processed transaction on your Gift Card please contact the retailer where the transaction took place. We are unable to reverse transactions approved or processed by any retailer.
Gift Cards can only be used in person or “card present’ at a participating retailer.
Your Gift Card PIN
You acknowledge that we may allow access to the services offered on this site to anyone who enters a valid Gift Card number and 4-digit PIN. Your PIN is simply our way of identifying you. It does not offer you any protection or security if your Gift Card is lost or stolen. Remember to treat your Gift Card like cash. You are solely responsible for any loss caused by use of your Gift Card and PIN by you or any other person, including any use not approved or contemplated by you.
You must notify us immediately by calling us on 1300 290 700 if you know or suspect any unauthorised use of your Gift Card.
Purchases Exceeding the Gift Card Value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
Validity and Expiry of Local Rewards Australia
Both physical and digital gift cards have a 3-year expiry from 1st April 2018. The expiry date can be found on the card or you can check the expiry date online by visiting, Check Card Balance. Once expired, your card is void and cannot be used. Your gift card will expire 36 months from the date of purchase. Any expiry date for an individual Gift Card can be checked at any time online at, Check Card Balance.
Local Rewards cards purchased at retail outlets must be activated prior to use as per instructions on the back of the card and pack. To activate your card, go online to the Website (https://localrewards.com.au/shop/) and follow the prompts by entering the card details. Once activated, funds are available from 12pm the following business day though may be available sooner. Funds can be checked at any time by visiting the Website, Check Card Balance.
Checking your Gift Card Balance and Transaction History
You can check your card balance, expiry date and transaction history at any time online at, Check Card Balance.
For balance enquiries, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and Access PIN on your Gift Card prior to getting access to the card information.
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded except in our sole discretion. There is a $10.00 per card replacement fee if we choose to replace any Gift Card.
Can I request a replacement my Gift Card?
Yes, you can request a replacement gift card by contacting Customer Service. There is a $10.00 per card replacement fee.
Your Responsibility for your Gift Card
Your responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash, reloaded, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new gift card, or be replaced after expiry and are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. Cash will not be given for any unused amount.
Purchase of Gift Cards from retailers not certified by Local Rewards Australia
Local Rewards cards may be available for purchase from specific retailers – the list of any certified sellers can be found at the website. We cannot guarantee the validity of any Gift Card purchased from any other retailer including any auction website or discount website who is not listed as one of our certified sellers. Any Gift Card not purchased from a certified seller may be fake or counterfeit or associated with fraudulent activity. Local Rewards Australia will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss arising from any purchase of our Gift Cards from a retailer who is not listed as a certified seller.
We offer promotional discounts and special offers from time to time (“Promotional Offers” or “Promotional Codes”). Promotional Codes can be redeemed when entered on the final step of the shopping cart for your Gift Card. By accepting any Promotional Offers or using any Promotional Codes you agree to and accept to comply to these Terms, including without limitation:
- If you have received a Promotional Code, you must enter the code given into the designated ‘Promotional Code’ field in the shopping cart for the discount to be applied for the applicable Gift Card.
- One Promotional Code applies per transaction.
iii. We reserve the right to remove any Promotional Offer or Promotional Code without notice at any time.
- Promotional Offers are only available on purchases made on websites owned or controlled by us.
Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms at any time where the change is required:
- To add or remove participating retailers and/or where the Gift Card may be redeemed;
- To add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- For infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- To comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- Where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment;
Physical Gift Cards Remain our Property
Gift Cards remain our property. If you have a query or complaint about your Gift Card, please contact us at 1300 290 700 or by email at:
Local Rewards Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute arising from your receipt or use of a Gift Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South wales, Australia.
Refunds and Exchange Policy
Local Rewards Australia will not provide a refund or exchange for change of mind or duplicate orders. If the gift card is found to be faulty, defected, and is significantly different to the image or description provided, a full refund or exchange will be provided upon proof. Please keep your receipt as a proof of purchase.
The Local Rewards Australia does not compensate for errors or duplicate orders that have been made on your part. Please ensure to double check your order prior to submitting.
We aim to deliver physical gift cards. We will try to let you know if we expect to be unable to meet our estimated delivery date, but, to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery.
Cash Bonus Offer – $5 extra on $50 Cards and $10 extra on $100 or more.
This offer is only valid on gift card purchases of $50 or more at https://localrewards.com.au/shop/. The Cash Bonus amount will be added at the time of activation via the website. Cash Bonus of $5 for card value purchases of $50-$99 and Cash Bonus of $10 for card value purchases of $100-$1,000.
Offer ends 30/09/20 at 23.59pm (AEST) or when Cash Bonus pool has been exhausted. Only one Cash Bonus gift card will be awarded per transaction. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Acceptance of the Local Rewards Card is subject to the individual trading terms as supplied by the business (eg. Special event menus etc). From midday Monday 23 March 2020 until further notice, pubs and licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation) are closed. Businesses and cafes can offer takeaway and delivery options only. During this time, businesses may decline to accept a Local Rewards Card. We highly recommend you check directly with the restaurant prior to ordering to ensure your gift card will be accepted. All of the information was true at the time of send. For further information, consult the NSW Government COVID19 Information page.
COVID 19 Information
To the best of Local Rewards Australia’s knowledge, the businesses on the participating business directory lists are open and accepting Local Rewards Cards for purchases, subject to their terms and conditions. During this time, businesses have the right to refuse a gift card. To ensure a business will accept a gift card, we recommend you contact them directly prior to visiting. Due to the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19 legislation, restrictions may be enforced by local and federal government to prohibit the trading of businesses. Please ensure you’re up to date with current restrictions as listings on the website may not reflect temporary closures or regulations on seating capacity, Covid19 distancing or other measures.